Full-time Arts and Culture reporter at Beirut.com.
As an arts and culture reporter at Beirut.com, you will be responsible for pitching stories and writing a minimum of two feature pieces a week, in addition to some blogging. This is a full-time position that calls for the reporter to be self-motivated, ambitious, flexible and willing to work when stories are happening, be it on some weekends or nights.
- A degree in journalism or a related discipline.
- An excellent command of the English language in both written and oral forms.
- Arabic fluency desired.
- Accurate and detail-oriented reporting. Experience in writing is a must.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direction and possess a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Reporters with photography skills/equipment desired but not mandatory.
Daily tasks will include:
- Attending a variety of arts and cultural events, mostly in Beirut.
- Conducting interviews with story subjects.
- Building contacts to maintain a scheduled flow of stories for the website.
- Attending press conferences.
- Writing a minimum of two feature (600 – 700 word) stories per week.
To apply, email your writing samples and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.