4. Mediterranean Pasta with Hummus
-- 8 oz pasta, I used fresh radiatore
-- 3/4-1 cup plain hummus
-- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-- 2, 12 oz packages cherry or grape tomatoes
-- 4 cloves garlic, pressed (or about 1-2 tsp minced garlic depending on taste)
-- 1 tsp smoked paprika
-- 1/2 cup roughly chopped, kalamata olives (be sure to use pitted olives)
-- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
-- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta. When complete, reserve about 1/2 cup cooking water. Whisk hummus into reserved cooking water until smooth.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over high heat, then add cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and continue to cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are slightly charred or yellowed.
3. Add the paprika and garlic, stir to combine, and press on some of the tomatoes to release their juices.
4. Add cooked pasta and thinned hummus to tomato mixture, then toss together with chopped olives and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Photo and recipe via cilantropist.blogspot.com