The Faculty of Islamic Studies was established to respond to the Muslim world’s need for a faculty that could address the practice of Islam as it applies to the different areas of life. This faculty differs in concept from the faculties of traditional law because it is concerned with teaching Islam from a variety of different angles: as a doctrine, a legal science, a law, a geographical expansion, a language diversification, and other fields related to Islam throughout the world. This faculty is the first of its kind to grant accredited Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate degrees. The faculty began in 1400 A.H. (1979 C.E.) under the name the “Al Imam Al Ouzai College for Islamic Studies.” On October 15, 1986, the Equivalence Committee in the Ministry of Education issued Decree No. 3484 approving the foundation of this faculty, which was preceded by Resolution No. 23- 15/82 accrediting the degrees granted by the faculty of Islamic studies.