SPOILER ALER: your Lebanese parents will surely uncover all the juicy secrets you’ve been quietly sitting on. We compiled a list of 15 things you can’t hide from your Lebanese parents! (In case you were planning on trying to.)
1. Lama todrob el seyara 3n el janab
How can they see microscopic scratches?
2. The secret tattoo that you got
Your siblings already fada7ok…
3. Sho 3amtak alet 3an emak
You better report it all.
4. That stupid Valentine’s Day gift you snuck inside
Tab wen betkhabiha?
5. Your new love interest
The suspect has been found laughing at their phone at 3:00 a.m.
6. Aya se3a jeet 3al bet last night
Hata lw rje3et w keno neymin, they’ll know.
7. Your delivery orders
“BTDLKON TOTLBO DELIVERY!?”
8. Eating that one tabkha that you hate at your cousin’s house
“Ah btekela 3indon msh 3inde?”
9. The extra kilos you’ve gained
10. Eno daya3et el Tupperware
The first thing your mom’s going to ask about
11. The extra money your grandma gave you “3a janab”
13. Smoking with your friends
“Leh hek ri7tak dekhan?”
14. Your Twitter account
At some point, they’ll figure it out. Now you’re regretting your whole life decisions.
15. Or your old Facebook pictures from 2010
Your mom keeps recycling them every now and then on her WhatsApp stories