The museum originally belonged to the Fayad family. They used it as a silk factory from 1901 to 1954.
After briefly being occupied by the Syrian army in 1990, the building was handed back over to its original owners and restored into a silk museum to highlight the 1500-year old history of silk making in Lebanon.
A tour through the museum takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Price: Adults: 8,000 LL Students: 5,000 LL Gardening Workshop: 10,000 LL Children under four are admitted free.
Drive 15km from Beirut and 4 km from the Damascus Road junction at E.D.L Jamhour.